Kashmiri Badam benefits and nutritional properties
- Badam is an excellent source of vitamin E, especially the Kashmiri ones as they have 41% oil
- They are also an excellent source of protein, fiber, magnesium, riboflavin, potassium, and calcium.
- These superfoods are also an amazing source of antioxidants, meaning they help your body from the damage caused by oxidative stress.
- Kashmiri Badam is an excellent food for the heart and keep it healthy by improving your blood circulation, reducing blood pressure, and lowering the bad or LDL cholesterol levels.
- Kagzi Badam are also excellent for your brain and are known to boost your memory and cognitive functions as well as reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- These nuts also help with weight management, boosting metabolism with regular consumption, and help you lose weight too as they keep you full for longer periods of time.
- This high-quality Kashmiri badam will also help reduce your risk of certain types of cancers.
- Moreover, being rich in Vitamin E, Kashmiri almonds are also excellent for your skin and hair
How to use Kashmiri Badam?
After you buy badam, you can use them in a number of ways. For the badam with shell, you need to break open its shell first to reveal the almond inside. After that, the best way to consume almonds would be by soaking a few (4 to 6) overnight and then consuming them in the morning. Remove the almond’s skin after it is soaked and have it first thing in the morning for optimum benefits.
You can also add them to various recipes including confectionaries, soups, rice dishes, meat preparations, and desserts. You can also eat them as a snack, and make almond butter or milk out of these almonds. Kashmiris love to put these badam nuts in their teas like the kahwa.