Health Benefits of eating cashews and nutritional information
- Cashew nuts are rich in healthy fats, protein, fiber, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, and phosphorus as well as some other minerals and vitamins.
- They also contain beneficial plant compounds like antioxidants that are extremely essential in protection against damage caused by free radicals.
- The fats that are present in cashews are actually very good for your heart health. They are known to reduce the bad cholesterol or LDL in your body while maintaining the good cholesterol or HDL levels.
- Eating cashew nuts also helps with weight management.
- Since cashews are a rich source of copper, eating them will promote bone health.
- Cashews are also good for your eye health.
- Eating these nuts regularly will also boost your skin health.
- Cashews are also good energy boosters.
How to eat cashews?
After you buy cashew, incorporating them in your diet is extremely easy. Cashews are very versatile and can be had in several ways. They are delicious, so you can have them as they are at any time during the day. To enhance their taste, you can also roast them a little and add your preferred spices to it.
Many Indian, as well as continental recipes, are incomplete without the addition of cashews. They are commonly added to rice dishes, and desserts and also form the base for many gravies.
Cashews are especially amazing for vegans. They can be used to make cashew milk, cashew butter, or even cashew yogurt.