Health Benefits and Nutritional Information of Apricots
- Dried apricots are a very good source of potassium, iron, fiber and A, C and E vitamins.
- They are also a very good source of two antioxidants, namely lutein and zeaxanthin.
- They are also an extremely rich source of carotenoids.
- Since jardalu are apricots in dried form, they contain nutrients in concentrated forms and just eating a few of these can give you a boost of health.
- Being rich in beta carotene, vitamin E as well as A, khubani or dried apricot is very good for your eye health.
- Being a very good source of iron, eating jardalu regularly helps in the prevention and treatment of anemia.
- Dried apricot is also extremely beneficial for your overall skin health. Eating it regularly promotes skin health and enhances its appearance.
- Since these dried fruits are a very good source of potassium, eating them regularly can help reduce high blood pressure.
- Being a very good source of fiber as well, eating jardalu is very good for your gut health.
- Apricots also contain many antioxidants and thus, eating them is beneficial to keep several diseases like diabetes and heart ailments at bay.
- Dried apricots are also known to improve bone mineral density.
- Owing to their excellent nutritional profile, eating dried apricot is extremely beneficial for pregnant women.
How to use Jardalu/khubani/Apricots?
After you buy apricots, there are several ways that you can use them.
You can eat them as they are with your breakfast, as snacks or even as a dessert. You can also mix them with other dried fruits and nuts to make a trail mix. Adding chopped dried apricots to various dessert recipes is also a good way to use them. Have a few of these with your favorite fruit for breakfast. You can even top your daily cereal or oats with a few of these. You can also use these dry fruits for baking or for making energy bars or other healthy recipes.